Getatchew Mekuria - Saxophone
Katherina - Drums
Terrie - Guitar
Andy - Guitar
G.W.Sok - Vocals
Colin McLean - Bass
Xavier Charles - Clarinet
Brodie West - Alto Saxophone
Joost Buis - Trombone
Cor Fuhler - Organ (6,9,10)
released December 7, 2016
Recorded April 3-4, 2006 at Jottem, Wormerveer, Holland, by Jeroen 'Ato Asa' Visser & Dolf Planteijd. Engineer: Maarten Tap.
Mixed & mastered by Jeroen Visser & The Ex at Fishing Bakery Labs in Zurich, Switzerland.
Tracks 3, 5, 6, 8, and 11 recorded live April 8, 2006 in the Grand Mix, Tourcoing, France, by Jeroen Visser.
All melodies by Getatchew Mekuria based on traditional tunes. All arrangements by Getatchew Mekuria & The Ex & Guests. English lyrics by The Ex.
1. Based on a song by Frew Hailu.
2. Based on a song known from Tilahoun Gessesse, written by Gezahegn Desta.
3. Based on a Sudanese traditional song.
4. Based on a traditional horseman's war-chant.
5. Based on a traditional song from Gondar.
6. Aynotche Terabu based on a traditional tune by Nuru Wondafrash of the Imperial Bodyguard Band. Shemonmwanaye is a traditional song from Wollo.
7. Based on a piece by the Wallias band, written by Girma Beyene.
8. Based on a traditional Ethiopian scale, the ultimate blues.
9. Based on a traditional folksong about Harar.
10. Based on a song by Tilahoun Gessesse, written by the Police and Ayalew Mesfin.